Monday, February 16, 2015

Elijah Dave Pack: Ever So Humble


Several years ago David C Pack went on a treasure hunt in order to find the Steuben crystal Elijah Cup that was given to Herbert Armstrong.  Low and behold Davey found out that there were 23 of these precious cups and one of them resided in Cleveland, Ohio, just a short trip from God's most superfantabulous HQ ever to exist.  Ever lustful in his imitation of all things Herbert, Dave just HAD to have that cup.  Dave now claims that because he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo humble that he would never buy such a thing today, especially since he really is THE Elijah.  That would be self-honoring.......

I told you at the Feast that I thought God was going to begin to pour out more power in his Church. Would you say that's happening? I haven't been tired for a hundred and nine days – I was just calculating it – my voice should be giving out, but it's not. Here's an interesting point, it would be ironic that the man who wasn't the Elijah had a cup while the actual Elijah did not. Yet I made the decision to purchase the one we bought to honor Mr. Armstrong. I wouldn't buy it today; I wouldn't go out and say, "I'm Elijah, go get me an Elijah cup." It'd be like Mr. Armstrong, he couldn't do it. It'd be hard to say, "I'm Moses." It would be self-honoring; I couldn't do that. But I find it interesting: if Mr. Armstrong had one and wasn't the Elijah, we wouldn't, it would have looked funny. But God knew that and there are only twenty five of those cups ever made, and one was for sale in Cleveland, and because we were continuing Mr. Armstrong's work I bought that cup. We might look back now and wonder, "Hmm, was there a divine hand at work?" So few of those available; twenty five on earth, Mr. Armstrong's was lost – and I wouldn't want the one that went to him anyway, I just wouldn't feel I could do that – and there's one in Cleveland that was available for an inexpensive price and we got it, and you see it. I just find that interesting. Of course, I'm glad we bought it; I just wouldn't buy it today. I'm glad we have it, but it'd be self-honoring to do it now. Apparently God wanted one, of only twenty five.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one HWA had probably isn't lost. Joey Jr. probably has it in one of his many display cabinets. Or he sold it at auction along with lots of HWA's other pretentious salt cellars and that sort of thing.

So what about the other 24 people who also have one of these cups. I'll bet all those other 24 Elijahs are also busy going, "Mm-mm. 1 of only 25 in the world! And one of them is MINE! Zowie, I must have some end-time purpose designated by some sky deity!" Or maybe not.

What a collossal, self-honoring, self-absorbed idiot. That's what set's Dave Pack apart. People who can be as narcissistic, delusional, and yet maintain a semblance of functionality as he is are rare. People like this are not born every day. But still, I'll bet there's at least 24 other people in 7 billion who share the same diagnosis. I'll bet none of them have any of those other 24 cups.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Totally nuts. Anybody who listens to this guy prattle on about the fantasies bouncing around in his head needs to have theirs examined.

Un-be-lievable.

Anonymous said...

Did Mr. Pack fill his exclusive, only one of 25 Elijah cups, with adult beverages? This would explain a lot.

old EXPCG hag said...


They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen. Romans 1:25 New International Version